http://www.francescawatson.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Metal-Version.png 0 0 Francesca http://www.francescawatson.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Metal-Version.png Francesca2014-05-29 00:37:482014-05-29 15:13:16Life Changing
I haven’t meant to be silent, but there’s been a lot going on.
- Our house is – finally – on the market. I have loved this house, and hated this house, and cried in this house, and birthed dreams in this house. Saying good-bye – preparing myself to say good-bye – has been wrenching and exhilarating, all at once.
- I had check-ups with my doctors a month ago and one of them was so mad at me she threw a pen down on the desk. The other one had just returned from a conference about the connection between modern foods and inflammatory syndromes. Long story short, I committed to doing away with corn, wheat and dairy and to making a change to organic foods. I’ve learned a few things:
- Grass-fed beef is a whole different food group and an organic, grass fed rib-eye is my new love language.
- Dairy really jacks with me, as much as I love it.
- I’ve lost almost 15 pounds in one month, and I have not felt deprived for one second.
- Corn chips and bread (carbs) are addictive. As in, “step away from the crack.” I need to treat them that way.
- We just finalized the summer and fall schedule for Roadhouse Arts, and I intentionally scheduled in some stretches of time to just… make. Make things.
- I completed a significant reorganization of my working space at Roadhouse – after working there for six months, the things that weren’t working became really clear. Read about the results over on the AJE blog.
- I will be part of my friend Gail Stouffer’s master’s capstone project: a curated show about women’s issues opening June 13th at the Highwire Gallery in San Antonio. I was hugely honored to be invited to participate – and a little stunned that neither of the two pieces I came up with involved jewelry.
- I have fallen in love with mixed media work and part of my studio rework was intended to ensure that I had some space to explore it.
- While I am in the throes of saying good-bye to this house I have loved, I am (obsessively) stalking the houses in the area where we hope to move. Ask me what’s for sale there… I can tell you. Even if it’s entirely unsuitable and out of our price range. I guarantee I’ve been watching it and have driven by it at least once.
- Life is changing. Again.